Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vegetables

Whenever I hear someone say "I don't like (fill in your favorite vegetable)" I can't help but think, "Maybe you just haven't had that vegetable prepared in a way that you like it." Now I admit, there are some things that some people just don't like to eat. However, don't rule out an entire category of vegetable simply because you had it once and you didn't like it. That said, here is my favorite way to cook many different vegetables. I have done this with carrots, potatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and I'm sure many others that I can't think of right now. This isn't the best picture, but I like it because it shows the carmelization and color and color means flavor!

Roasted Vegetables
prepare vegetables (clean, peel, chop, etc.)
toss in olive oil
season with salt and pepper...when I'm in a really crazy mood I use garlic salt and lemon pepper
Roast on a cookie sheet at 375 for about 20 minutes or until tender

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I love vegetables cooked this way. I like how I can just put whatever I have on that cookie sheet and pop it all in the oven. I've never tried it with green beans though...do you think it would work? Or would they stay too crunchy? I have some I need to use.

Lemon pepper is my favorite seasoning, especially Trader Joes brand!

Julie said...

I have never tried it with green beans. If you try it let me know how it turns out.