Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BBQ Chicken Salad

This one is similar to a salad you might find at any given restaurant. I will give you the simple version and you can add to it and make it your own. The idea for this salad comes from one of my college room mates, the one and only Becca Badger. Yes, Rebecca, I still make this...often!

BBQ Chicken Salad
Romaine lettuce
1-2 Tomatoes
1 Avocado
breaded BBQ boneless wings from your local deli counter (We always got them from Walmart in college, but King Soopers around here has some good ones too.)
Ranch dressing

Dice tomatoes, avocado and chicken. Toss well with lettuce and ranch dressing. *Note: don't use too much dressing, you need less than you think.
That's it! From here the possibilities are endless: olives, corn, tortilla strips, cilantro, green onion, bell pepper, (I think you get the idea). What makes this so good is the BBQ sauce on the chicken mixing with the avocado and the ranch to make a yummy, creamy, spicy, lip-smacking-good dressing.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Julie-I love that I can totally trust your food blog. I know you're a good cook. Last time I tried to make carbanara, Chad said, "use that recipe that Julie used." So good!

I made this bbq salad tonight. I did what you did and then added olives. Delicious. We had focaccia on the side. Can't wait to use your recipes more.

Thanks!