Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stuffing

I love Stove Top stuffing (technically called dressing because it was never "stuffed" in the bird). So sue me. I know there are a lot of delicious variations on stuffing (like the 4 mushroom stuffing my aunt made this year that I'm sure was divine) but I figure, if it's easy and it's good, why mess with it? I did jazz up the Stove Top a little, but not much. I like to keep things simple.

Stove Top Deluxe
2 boxes Stove Top Stuffing (I used the corn bread variety)
water
butter
chicken stock
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 carrots, diced
olive oil
salt and pepper

Saute all the vegetable in olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper until tender. Set aside. (This step can be done in advance.) Prepare stuffing according to directions on the box, replacing half the water with chicken stock. Stir in vegetables and put in a casserole dish. Stuffing should already be somewhat warm since the recipe called for warm water, but you still need to bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes to let it get a little crusty on top and thoroughly warm through.

No comments: