Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Treats!

No recipe today because I am busy in the kitchen getting the baking extravaganza underway. Are you ready?! Next week I will be featuring some of my favorite holiday treats to make and eat and share. Some are old favorites and some are new to me, but I'm sure will become classics.
photo courtesy of organizing.yourway.net
Aren't these adorable? I'm not doing sugar cookies this year 
(too much other fun baking to do) but if I were I would totally copy these!
Some things to look forward to:
Chex mix--a classic
Ritz Tag-a-longs--easy and beautiful
Chocolate Peppermint cake in a jar--a new one to me, but sure to become a favorite
Cornflake wreaths or trees--fun for the kids
Oatmeal/chocolate/caramel bars--won me the title of best wife at my husband's work
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread--another classic

At least one treat a day so  heat up your ovens, unbuckle your pants, and come enjoy the feast.

*And while I'm at it, please feel free to share your favorite holiday treats to make and/or eat.  I am always looking for new ideas and recipes!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Julie, you and I are like twins separated at birth.
Chex mix - already have the ingredients for, will make next week
Ritz Tag-a-longs- check!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread - check!
Oatmeal/chocolate/caramel bars - umm, yes please! Will be excited to get the recipe off the blog!