Monday, December 6, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

First off I am so excited to announce that I was featured as a guest blogger on my friend Heather's blog themenumama.blogspot.com last week! Heather has lots of great recipes and a weekly menu and shopping list to follow as well. Head on over and check it out!

Ok now onto today's recipe. This is a classic go-to recipe at our house. It's not super authentic or even super homemade, but it is super yummy and super easy! Serve with your favorite pasta and you've got an easy weeknight meal.

Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb. ground beef (or I'm sure turkey would work)
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I buy whatever is on sale)
1 lb. pasta (I like whole wheat penne)

Brown the meat  with a little salt and pepper in about 1 Tbs. olive oil a large saute pan, add the onions and garlic when the beef is about halfway done.

Once the meat is cooked all the way through, add the jar of spaghetti sauce.

Stir, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. This allows the sauce to thicken a little and the flavors to combine. Serve over hot pasta with lots of Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments: