Monday, December 13, 2010

Chex Mix

I made this last weekend and it took some serious self control to keep from eating the whole batch! This is mostly the same as the recipe on the box of Chex, except I like it a little saucier and with more stuff added. If you have never made Chex mix, I promise the home made stuff is WAY better than the stuff you buy in the store.
Chex Mix
9 cups Chex cereal (I used 4 cups rice Chex and 5 cups corn)
2 cups mixed nuts (that's 1 can)
2 cups pretzels
2 cups goldfish (I prefer Cheez-its, but goldfish is what I had)
9 Tbs. butter or margarine
3 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. onion powder

Melt butter in microwave then stir in other seasonings. Mix together all the dry ingredients and pour butter and seasonings mixture on top. Stir until evenly coated. Pour into two 9x13 baking dishes and bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. pour onto paper towels or clean dish towels to cool.

No comments: