Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pizza Pockets

So I saw these on a commercial for Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and had to try it. If you have seen the commercial and wondered if these are any good, they are! So while I'm not going to take credit for this recipe. I am going to recommend them without hesitation! I love crescent rolls and whenever they go on sale I stock up and look for new ways to use them. These are so easy, and made with ingredients I usually have on hand!

Pizza Pockets
1 can crescent rolls
your favorite pizza sauce (I use ordinary marinara sauce straight from the jar)
mozzerella cheese
your favorite toppings (I used pepperoni and olives)

Start with two triangles of crescent dough and press together to make a rectangle. Spread with pizza sauce leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge. Sprinkle with cheese and toppings. Press together another set of two triangles to make another rectangle. Spread with a thin layer of pizza sauce. Then carefully place the second crescent rectangle on the first. Use a fork to press the edges together. Repeat with the rest of the crescent dough and toppings. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 375 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Makes 2 large or 4 small pizza pockets.
*Note the original Pillsbury recipe says to fold each rectangle in half to make 4 triangle pizza pockets with each can of crescent dough. I found that I could fit more toppings and it felt more like a meal if I made these bigger pizza pockets. But I'm sure the smaller versions would be great as snacks!

No comments: