Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cucumber Sandwiches

I love these and make them often for baby showers or brunch-type gatherings. The great thing is they are so good you can't eat just one and super easy to make!
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of these last time. This is the closest thing I could find on the web.
Photo courtesy of wiki.weddingbee.com via google images

Cucumber Sandwiches
bread (I like a good whole wheat)
English cucumber, thinly sliced
Chive flavored cream cheese (I forget the exact flavor, I think it is called onion and chive)
Garlic salt
salt and pepper

Stir between 1/4 and1/2 tsp. garlic salt into cream cheese (taste along the way to your preference). Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on two slices of bread. Place 4 cucumber slices on one slice of bread. English cucumbers are essential. The skins of regular cucumbers are too tough. Sprinkle the cucumber lightly with salt and pepper. Top with the other slice of bread. Using a good serrated knife, cut off the crust and cut the sandwich into fourths trying to cut between the cucumber slices. One large cucumber will use almost a whole loaf of bread and leave you with a platter full of yummy bite-sized sandwiches.

1 comment:

Dawn Potter said...

I love when you bring these to baby showers, Julie!