Monday, February 21, 2011

Breakfast Sandwiches

To kick off my week of sandwiches I thought it was appropriate to start with breakfast! I first had these when we were staying with our good friends Kristen and Stephen last year. I had never even thought to make breakfast sandwiches at home. These are an easy, quick, and hearty breakfast. Great on the go as well.

Breakfast Sandwiches
Sandwich thins (Have you seen these, they are great! I guess English muffins would work as well.)
eggs
cheese
ham (not the super thin sandwich meat, but the thicker stuff)

Place thin slices of cheeses (I recommend cheddar) on one half of the sandwich thin and toast in a toaster oven or under the broiler of your oven. While the bread is toasting, cook the egg to your liking. (I always leave the yolk a little runny. Not great for taking on the go, however.) Once the egg is cooked, cut the ham to size and throw on the hot frying pan for about 30 seconds on each side until warm and golden. Assemble your sandwich (I always put the ham between the egg and the cheese.) I have these a couple times a week for breakfast. Enjoy!

No comments: