Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spanish Rice in a rice cooker



I love Spanish rice (or orange rice as my brother calls it), but I also love the dump-and-forget-about-it attribute of my rice cooker. So when I found this recipe, I knew it was made for me. This one comes from my cousin Stephanie's Tried and Trus REcipes book again. Thank you to Becca Jones for submitting it. So easy, so delicious. I make it at least twice a month, not surprising if you've noticed my obsession with Mexican food.


Spanish Rice in a rice cooker
1 can diced tomatoes (the ones with the green chilies are good if you want extra flavor)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp. chili powder
1 cup long grain rice (NOT instant rice)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
dash of pepper
Toss it all in your rice cooker. Give it a quick stir. Put on the lid and turn on. It's that easy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I want to try this, but I don't have a rice cooker. I guess I'll just have to get one!