Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Green Bean Casserole

This is straight off of the side of the can of French Fried Onions. I LOVE those crispy little onions. I saw some recipes out there this year for green bean casserole from scratch without cream of mushroom soup.. But what can I say? I love the classic, straight out of the can with lots of those crispy onions on top. If I'm not careful I will eat the whole can of onions plain.
(image courtesy of americansweets.co.uk)
Green Bean Casserole
3 cans green beans, drained
1 can crispy onions
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1/b tsp. pepper

Mix everything together except the onions. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, until warmed through. Pour onions on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
*Note: I microwaved the casserole for 5-7 minutes then topped with the onions and put it in the oven for the last 5 minutes. This minimized the time in my already cramped oven.
(image courtesy of breakingnewsweek.com)

No comments: