Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce

I ended up with a ton of cream cheese when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago. My friend Katie was kind enough to share this recipe with me for cream cheese alfredo sauce. I used the low fat cream cheese and milk instead of half and half so I guess you could consider it "healthy" alfredo. I served it over whole grain shell pasta with grilled chicken and steamed broccoli.

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 package cream cheese
1 cup half and half or whole milk
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbs. garlic powder
pepper to taste

Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Cut cream cheese into pieces and add once butter is melted. When butter and cream cheese are mixed well, add milk, parmesan, garlic powder, and pepper. When mixed well and sauce-like, remove from the heat and let stand to thicken. Stir every few minutes until desired consistency. Serve warm over your favorite pasta.

No comments: