Thursday, November 18, 2010

Apple Cider Pork Chops

So in a moment of weakness I bought a GALLON of apple cider that I thought was on sale. It turned out to not be on sale, I was too lazy to take it back, AND my husband refused to drink any of it. So I was so glad when I remembered seeing this recipe on my cousin's food blog thequeensofthekitchen.blogspot.com . One of her friends submitted it and it saved the day. And pork chops just so happened to be on sale, so I was one happy mama.
Apple Cider Pork Chops
Prepare pork chops by poking holes in them with a fork and season them with garlic salt & pepper. Saute in olive oil or butter until done. Top with caramelized onions (sliced onions sauteed with some salt & sugar until transparent and the color of caramel) and serve with mashed potatoes and apple cider gravy.

Gravy:
3-4 tbsp. butter
3-4 tbsp. flour
2 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. apple cider (the good stuff makes a difference!)
salt/pepper to taste

Create a roux using the butter & flour. Allow to cook 1-2 minutes, or until light brown. Whisk in the broth & cider on med-high heat. Allow to simmer & thicken for about 3 minutes, or until desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: