Friday, April 8, 2011

Pico de Gallo/Fresh Salsa

I know I have mentioned on here my obsession with all foods Mexican and all kinds of dips. I'm pretty sure chips and salsa is tied with French fries as my favorite food. I love a good restaurant salsa, but when I'm at home this recipe is my go-to. Pico de gallo, is typically tomatoes, onions, and peppers simply chopped and tossed together. I like mine with lots of color. It's only about half tomatoes or less, and that's the way I like it!

Pico de Gallo
4-5 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
1 yellow or white onion, diced
1 jalepeno, seeds removed, finely diced
1/4-1/2 cup or so chopped fresh cilantro
2-3 Tbs. lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Toss everything together and taste on a chip. If the flavor needs a boost, add more lime juice or more salt. This is great right away or after sitting in the refrigerator awhile. Eat it with chips, on a taco, or with a spoon!
Chop it all up,
And toss it all together!

No comments: