Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eclair Cake

This is one of those dishes that you have probably had at a potluck or two, but may not realize how extremely simple it is to make until you try it. This was definitely a craving for me last week and it came off my list of "desserts to make" that I had all but abandoned since the holiday season--double whammy! I was sad when it was gone, but it was oh so good while it lasted.

Eclair Cake
1 box graham crackers (you will need about 24 whole crackers)
2 small (3.5 oz) boxes vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 8 oz. package Cool Whip, thawed
1 can store-bought chocolate frosting

Combine pudding mix and milk and stir until smooth and slightly thickened. Fold in the Cool Whip. Place graham crackers in a single layer at the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Spread half the pudding mixture on top. Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and the other half of the pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers. Soften the frosting in the microwave for about 30 seconds and spread over the top of the graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. This is important so plan ahead! The pudding will soak into the graham crackers and become the perfect consistency. Mmmmm!!!
Lay out the graham crackers,
Spread on the pudding and repeat.
Final layer of graham crackers,
Spread with the frosting and let it chill.
Slice and serve!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum,Yum!!!! LOVE your recipes :)

Heather said...

Yummy, I make this too, with real whipped cream and homemade frosting (my husband's kind of picky about whipped cream, cool whip just doesn't cut it for him haha). I was saving this recipe for summer, but now that I've seen yours I'm starting to think I'll cave before then!