Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicken Kabobs

It is grilling season again and I couldn't be happier! Not only do I love the flavors that come off the grill, but I love being able to turn over a large chunk of the cooking to my awesome husband! I know my way around the grill, but he is the master. We had these kabobs last week and I can't wait to make them again!

Chicken Kabobs
2 chicken breasts, thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
1/2 tsp. onion powder
wooden skewers (8-10)
rice for serving

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chili flakes, and onion powder to make a marinade. Marinate chicken for 1-4 hours (longer is better). Soak skewers for 30 minutes to 1 hour to help prevent burning. Carefully thread chicken onto skewers, putting chicken next to each other, but don't pack it too thick. Grill on medium/low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through.
Marinate the chicken,
Thread onto skewers,
Grill em up,
Serve with rice and veggies.

No comments: