Thursday, January 15, 2015

What's for dinner tonight: Thursday

Taco Salad

I love a good taco salad! This makes an especially great weeknight meal because since it is served cold it can all be prepped in advance. This is what I put in mine:
ground turkey cooked with taco seasoning
black beans
romaine lettuce
diced avocado
cheddar cheese
crushed tortilla chips
salsa
ranch dressing

If I'm feeling crazy I will use nacho cheese Doritos in place of the tortilla chips. If you want it to be more healthy, leave out the chips and just stick with the salsa and skip the ranch. I like to serve all the components in separate bowls so everyone can make their own salad to their liking.
My kids are fairly picky eaters. Our rule is simply choose something from the table to eat and eat what you put on your plate. This is what Clara's taco salad looked like:
I like to call it "taco salad, deconstructed." Delicious!

No comments: