Friday, January 16, 2015

What's for dinner tonight: Friday

Carbonara Pasta with Salad
The recipe for this one is a family favorite and can be found here. 
I made a couple small adjustments to the original recipe. First I used whole grain pasta. I use whole grain pasta often enough that my family doesn't even notice the difference anymore. Then to make up for the healthier pasta I added about 1/3 cup heavy cream to the finished pasta to make it a little bit creamier. Yumm! We don't usually eat pasta twice a week, but sometimes we do. :-)

PS A funny story from that night: Nate could instantly tell that I had changed the recipe just by looking at the pasta. He accused me of making it healthy and messing with perfection. I kept telling him to just eat it. After he hesitantly tasted it I asked him how it was. His response was "creamy". I informed him that it was the heavy cream he was tasting. He then apologized for doubting me. I guess sometimes even perfection can be improved upon.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the cream story! Sounds like something that would happen over here- because I am often found switching brown rice for white, etc. :)