Monday, May 23, 2011

Barbeque Chicken

With Memorial Day coming right up I thought I would post some great recipes for a cookout. Whether you are busting out the grill or attending a potluck. This week's recipes are all a great way to kick off the summer!
We'll start with an easy entree on the grill, followed by two yummy salads worthy of any potluck, and end with the best cookie recipe ever (I'm serious. I had some serious cookie critics name these the best ever!)

This recipe is so simple, that I feel a little silly posting it. But it is such a staple at our house in the summer time that how could I not post it? It's one of those entrees that is so simple so you can focus your attention on the sides and dessert. And that's how I like it.
Photo courtesy of somanyrecipes.com via google images


BBQ Chicken
Several pieces of chicken--I have used bone-in legs and thighs, but my favorites are the tenderloins
1 bottle good BBQ sauce any flavor--we like Sweet Baby Rays around here

-Brush the chicken with BBQ sauce, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour
-Preheat the grill to medium heat
-Brush the grill with oil to prevent sticking
-Place the chicken on the grill and cook on medium
-Flip partway through (the cooking time depends on what pieces of chicken you have and the thickness of the meat. Tenderloins cook very quickly, legs and thighs take a lot longer.)
-Once the chicken is cooked through (I would use a meat thermometer for legs and thighs) brush the chicken with more BBQ sauce and turn the heat up to high.
-Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, just until the sauce starts to caramelize and form a bit of a crust
-Serve with more BBQ sauce and lots of yummy sides!

No comments: